Vacuum glass ´Premium´ 8.3 mm (U-value 0.50)
Glass thickness 8.3 mm with U-value 0.50(More information)
- Free shipment from € 500,- (incl. VAT)
- Pick-up in NL or delivery in NL and Flanders (exception of the Wadden Islands)
- Relatively short delivery times
- Pay with i.e. iDeal, Riverty, Billink, Bancontact, PayPal en Creditcard
Vacuum glass consists of two glass panels with a very small space of only 0.3 mm in between. This space is completely vacuum, ensuring no contact between the two panes. As a result, the cold from the outside stays on the outer pane and does not transfer to the inner pane. The inner pane has a heat-insulating coating that reflects the internal heat back into the home. Therefore, heat is not lost due to the cold glass on the outside of the building.
Because the space between the two panes is vacuum, the two panes tend to bend inwards. To prevent the glass plates in the middle from coming into contact and to guarantee a 3 mm gap everywhere, very small spacers are placed between the glass at several points. These spacers are barely visible but are necessary to achieve and maintain the insulation value of vacuum glass. We call these "micro-spacers." These spacers are smaller than those applied by most other brands of vacuum glass. If you look closely, you may be able to see them. Unlike normal insulating glass, these are essential for vacuum glass. This is a concession that must be made if you want to achieve high insulation values with thin glass.
To hermetically seal the two panes from each other, there is a sealing strip at the edges of the glass (between the glass). For this glass, the sealing strip is approximately 10 mm high and red/yellow. In a lower sill, a portion of the strip may be visible. This is inherent to this type of glass and unfortunately cannot be changed.
Features of Premium vacuum glass 8.3 mm (U-value 0.50):
- Double glazing (insulating glass) with a total thickness of 8.3 mm; consisting of two glass panes of 4 mm with a very thin vacuum gap in between (this gap is 0.3 mm)
- The outer pane is clear tempered glass 4 mm, positioned on the exterior side of the building
- The inner pane is clear tempered glass 4 mm and has an HR coating on the inside of the gap. This pane is positioned on the interior side of the building for optimal insulation
- The vacuum sealing strip is 10 mm high and red/yellow. In a lower sill, a portion of the strip may be visible
- For accurate glass measurements, measure the tight sill size and subtract the perimeter clearance
- Minimum deliverable size: 250 x 250 mm
- Maximum deliverable size: 1480 x 2480 mm
- This glass weighs 20 kg per m²
- The listed price is per m²
- Customizable using the glass configurator
Premium vacuum glass 8.3 mm (U-value 0.50) is provided by us:
- Delivered to measure
- Delivered according to specified specifications (note! Glass is subject to production tolerances!)
- Delivered to the delivery address. Pickup is also possible; pickup options are listed on the payment page
Points of attention:
- You are always responsible for applying the safety standards and requirements applicable in your country! In the Netherlands, this includes NEN-3569:2011 ("Flat glass for buildings - Risk reduction of physical injury from breaking and falling glass - Requirements" for the Netherlands). This glass complies with NEN-3569 but is not laminated. Therefore, you cannot use this product in situations where requirements for fall protection are imposed, such as exterior facade glazing on a floor.
- Ensure that you use the correct glass deduction when ordering insulating glass, according to NPR 3577
- Install the glass according to NPR 3577. Failure to comply will void the warranty on the insulating glass. Also, use the correct glazing blocks, glazing tape, and glazing kit
- Insulating glass is quite heavy; according to labor law, you may not lift more than 20 kg. The chance that the driver needs assistance with the delivery is quite high. The extra hands must be present at the time of delivery and must be organized by you
- Never let the glass rest on the floor, always place something between, such as a wooden slat, blanket, rug, etc. Placing glass on a hard surface greatly increases the risk of damage. This also applies to contact with the wall and other hard surfaces. Protect the glass; it remains a fragile product
- Work with care, use the right tools, and the right Personal Protective Equipment
- Guidelines have been established for evaluating complaints regarding the quality of insulating glass. These guidelines are uniformly applied by the entire glass industry in assessing complaints. These guidelines are available in the "downloads" tab on this product page
|Outside pane double glazing
|half/durci tempered glass 4 mm
|Inside pane double glazing
|half/durci tempered clear glass 4 mm, with low-e coating
|Glass thickness in mm
|LTA (Light Transmission Ability in %)
|dB-value (Sound Insulation Value in decibel)
|Insulation Value (thermal insulation in W/m²-K)
|Minimum glass size
|250 x 250 mm
|Maximum glass size
|1480 x 2480 mm
|Expected delivery time
|12 working weeks
|Scope of supply
|Unit of measurement
|Shipping price Netherlands
|Shipping price Belgium
|Shipping price rest of Europe
|See the check-out page for actual pricing
|Yes, Pick-up is possible in:, Oosterhout (Noord-Brabant), 's-Hertogenbosch
|Minimum m² (per piece)
Can my order be delivered?
Sure! We deliver throughout the Netherlands and the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium. Glass comes with special glass transport; a van or truck where glass can be placed in the inside and outside. This way you are assured of optimal transport and that your order is delivered properly. The risk of breakage and / or transport damage is entirely at our risk (including delivery to your home). Another guarantee that you will receive your order neatly and undamaged. We always deliver on the ground floor and up to the front door. We don't deliver in apartment floors, even if there is an elevator available.
You can specify two addresses in your order, your billing address and delivery address. This makes it easy to have your glassware delivered where you need it. And when you are logged in, you can enter multiple delivery addresses, which is useful if you are an entrepreneur and need glass at changing locations.
When do we deliver?
To ensure efficient glass transport, we deliver according to fixed routes. The card contains numbers, these are the first two numbers of your zip code. The color on the map represents a route day. In the legend you can see which color belongs to which delivery day. If the delivery concerns separate parts (and therefore no glass products), we will engage the parcel service for this. These often deliver your package within 1-3 working days. If there is a track-and-trace code, we will send it to you so that you can track your package. Check the product pages for an indication of production / delivery time.
The delivery of glass items can be compared to the delivery of a washing machine or a sofa. It is a durable and delicate product that you don't just have delivered with the parcel service. It is neatly delivered and it is desirable that someone is present at the time of delivery. You will receive the delivery date by email immediately after we have received confirmation of delivery. 1-2 working days before delivery, we will send you another update with a time indication of the delivery.
If you cannot be at home, there are plenty of other possibilities to think of; we can deliver the order to the neighbors, put it in the back of the garden, under a carport, in the shed or any other place that you consider safe, postpone the delivery for a week, etc. etc. But please report this to us in time so that we can give the driver clear instructions in advance. This prevents last-minute research when the driver is at your door and no one is found. If the driver does not meet anyone at the delivery and does not know what to do with the order, he will take the stuff back and the delivery will be postponed for a week. Unfortunately, we are then forced to pass on the transport costs for this extra delivery.
Can I also collect my order?
That is also possible! Please indicate when you complete your order that you would like to collect the order. The collection locations are listed on the payment page. As soon as your order is ready, we will inform you about the collection options, times etc. etc. There are a number of collection locations that charge costs for receiving your order and the handling for collecting your order. The loose products (non-glass products) are not in stock at all pick-up locations and we have to send them to you. We unfortunately have to pass these shipping costs to you. These are also stated on the payment page, as a total under the cancellation costs of the collection locations.
A number of pick-up locations are limited in opening hours. These are business locations that have normal office hours and some locations are closed on Friday afternoon at 3:00 PM. Keep this in mind if you choose to pick up location. Pick up at GlasBoertje is of course also possible, we are more flexible in terms of times.
If you choose the collection option, it is obvious that the risk of breakage and / or damage during collection is also transferred. So check your order carefully before you take it with you.