Secondary window (low-e) with hinges in aluminum frame and 4 mm glass
Custom made, available in various colours, mounting with screws or turn locks, starting:(More information)
- Free shipment from € 500,- (incl. VAT)
- Pick-up in NL or delivery in NL and Flanders (exception of the Wadden Islands)
- Relatively short delivery times
- Pay with i.e. iDeal, Riverty, Billink, Bancontact, PayPal en Creditcard
The low-e hinged secondary window with aluminum frame (4 mm glass with low-e coating) consists of an aluminum frame with a 4 mm thick (untempered) glass pane with low-e coating. The hinged frame is available in 5 colors and can be ordered with latches or screw holes (to attach the opening side to the window frame). You mount a secondary window on the inside of your residence (on your wooden window frame) to provide better insulation if you still have single glazing. This hinged secondary window is custom-made and you can choose from various colors and installation methods:
- Hinges and latches: You screw the hinges onto the wooden window frame and attach the latches to the opposite side of the frame. This allows you to open and close the secondary window. By turning the latches, you can secure the window in the closed position to prevent it from opening. If you choose the hinge option, we need to know whether the hinges should be on the left or right side.
- Hinges and screws: You screw the hinges onto the wooden window frame and use screws to attach the other side of the secondary window to the frame. Again, we need to know whether the hinges should be on the left or right side.
For accurate sizing, measure the interior of the window frame. Then add 40 mm (4 cm) in width and 40 mm (4 cm) in height. This extra space accounts for the 2 cm wide frame, allowing it to fit neatly around the window frame without covering the opening of the window frame.
Features of secondary window low-e with hinges in aluminum frame (4 mm low-e glass):
- Aluminum frame with hinges and standard clear glass, 4 mm thick, featuring a hard Low-E coating (pyrolytic coating)
- The coating significantly improves the insulation value compared to a pane without this coating (U-value when installed on the interior side of an existing window: 2.0)
- Glass is clamped in the frame with rubber gaskets
- The frame is sturdily screwed together
- Provides thermal insulation and soundproofing properties
- Protects vulnerable single-pane glass
- This product is delivered ready-to-install; you only need to mount it onto the frame
- Easy to maintain
- Simple to install and remove
- Suitable for indoor use
- Also suitable for heritage-listed properties
Secondary window low-e with hinges in aluminum frame (4 mm low-e glass) is provided by us:
- Custom-made and delivered in the chosen color
- Supplied with the ordered installation materials
Points of attention low-e secondary window with hinges in aluminum frame (4 mm low-e glass):
- Due to the weight of the glass, there are limitations on the sizes available for pivotable secondary windows. If they become too large, the frame could become damaged, and the glass could come loose. The dimensions offered in this configurator are therefore restricted. If you require larger dimensions, you can opt for fixed secondary windows (without hinges)
- For custom glass production, tolerances are established within the glass industry regarding dimensions, quality, and finishing. These are industry-wide and are followed by all glass companies. Be aware that glass may have a slight dimensional variation (approx. 1 - 2 mm), and certain minor damages may not always be claimable
- Think carefully about the correct glass size. Once your order is in production, size changes are no longer possible
- You order the external size of the secondary window. To determine the correct size, measure the inside of the window frame and add a total of 40 mm to the width for the aluminum frame and also 40 mm to the height. This ensures the aluminum frame fits neatly onto the frame (around 2 cm all around) and can be properly installed
- Ensure that when screwing into the frame, you don't screw too deep. Otherwise, you might go through the window frame and potentially damage the glass inside
|Scope of supply||per 1 piece|
|Unit of measurement||per piece|
|Packed in a||schrink wrap|
|Expected delivery time||4-6 working weeks|
|Shipping price Netherlands||37,50|
|Shipping price Belgium||37,50|
|Shipping price rest of Europe||This product can only be sent to NL and BE|
Can my order be delivered?
Sure! We deliver throughout the Netherlands and the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium. Glass comes with special glass transport; a van or truck where glass can be placed in the inside and outside. This way you are assured of optimal transport and that your order is delivered properly. The risk of breakage and / or transport damage is entirely at our risk (including delivery to your home). Another guarantee that you will receive your order neatly and undamaged. We always deliver on the ground floor and up to the front door. We don't deliver in apartment floors, even if there is an elevator available.
You can specify two addresses in your order, your billing address and delivery address. This makes it easy to have your glassware delivered where you need it. And when you are logged in, you can enter multiple delivery addresses, which is useful if you are an entrepreneur and need glass at changing locations.
When do we deliver?
To ensure efficient glass transport, we deliver according to fixed routes. The card contains numbers, these are the first two numbers of your zip code. The color on the map represents a route day. In the legend you can see which color belongs to which delivery day. If the delivery concerns separate parts (and therefore no glass products), we will engage the parcel service for this. These often deliver your package within 1-3 working days. If there is a track-and-trace code, we will send it to you so that you can track your package. Check the product pages for an indication of production / delivery time.
The delivery of glass items can be compared to the delivery of a washing machine or a sofa. It is a durable and delicate product that you don't just have delivered with the parcel service. It is neatly delivered and it is desirable that someone is present at the time of delivery. You will receive the delivery date by email immediately after we have received confirmation of delivery. 1-2 working days before delivery, we will send you another update with a time indication of the delivery.
If you cannot be at home, there are plenty of other possibilities to think of; we can deliver the order to the neighbors, put it in the back of the garden, under a carport, in the shed or any other place that you consider safe, postpone the delivery for a week, etc. etc. But please report this to us in time so that we can give the driver clear instructions in advance. This prevents last-minute research when the driver is at your door and no one is found. If the driver does not meet anyone at the delivery and does not know what to do with the order, he will take the stuff back and the delivery will be postponed for a week. Unfortunately, we are then forced to pass on the transport costs for this extra delivery.
Can I also collect my order?
That is also possible! Please indicate when you complete your order that you would like to collect the order. The collection locations are listed on the payment page. As soon as your order is ready, we will inform you about the collection options, times etc. etc. There are a number of collection locations that charge costs for receiving your order and the handling for collecting your order. The loose products (non-glass products) are not in stock at all pick-up locations and we have to send them to you. We unfortunately have to pass these shipping costs to you. These are also stated on the payment page, as a total under the cancellation costs of the collection locations.
A number of pick-up locations are limited in opening hours. These are business locations that have normal office hours and some locations are closed on Friday afternoon at 3:00 PM. Keep this in mind if you choose to pick up location. Pick up at GlasBoertje is of course also possible, we are more flexible in terms of times.
If you choose the collection option, it is obvious that the risk of breakage and / or damage during collection is also transferred. So check your order carefully before you take it with you.