Aluminum U-profile 20x20x20 mm, Stainless Steel look
Aluminum, stainless steel look finished, made to measure or can be ordered as a 6 meter profile(More information)
- Free shipment from € 500,- (incl. VAT)
- Pick-up in NL or delivery in NL and Flanders (exception of the Wadden Islands)
- Relatively short delivery times
- Pay with i.e. iDeal, Riverty, Billink, Bancontact, PayPal en Creditcard
This aluminum U-profile of 20x20x20 mm in outer size has an inner size of 18 x 16 x 18 mm. The most ideal would fit a glass panel of 8 mm thickness. This leaves you 4 mm space on both sides of the glass to apply a sealant seam (16 mm width as inner size minus 8 mm thick glass leaves 8 mm space. You divide this 8 mm over 2 sides of the glass, and that is 4 mm space per side).
10 mm thick glass could also be put in, then this will mean a sealant of 3 mm per side. This is actually also ok. With 12 mm glass you only have 2 mm left per side and that is a little to less to apply sealant. For 15 mm glass you could first put the selant in the profile and then press the glass panel in it. The disadvantage is that you have to break everything if you ever remove the glass from the profile.
You can use this profile indoors to mount glass. A common application for this profile is for glass walls and shower enclosures.
Features aluminum U-profile 20x20x20 mm Stainless Steel look finish:
- Aluminum U-shaped profile
- Stainless Steel look finish
- Suitable for indoor use
- Outer size is 20 x 20 x 20 mm
- Inner size is 18 x 16 x 18 mm
- Material thickness is 2 mm
- Order custom made; please order the total amount in meters under "pieces", rounded upwards (i.e. when you need 220 cm in total, you order 3 pieces, as that is 3 meters where your piece has te be cut out). In the comment section of the check/out page you can let us know in what sizes you want the profile(s) to be cut
- Maximum order length from 1 piece: 6 meters
- When completing the order on the payment page, please indicate in which length(s) you want the profile(s) delivered
- The mentioned price is a 1 meter price
The aluminum U-profile 20x20x20 mm Stainless Steel look finish is delivered:
- Cut to size
Points of attention:
- The profile is usually delivered cut to the correct size or with a small over-length, so that you can saw it neatly to size in the work itself and finish the end side neatly
- The ends are not finished when you receive them. You will have to finish it yourself by filing it smooth
- With this profile no cover caps are available for the ends. You will have to seal it off or cut a cover from a piece of residual profile that you can mount on the end side
- If you are going to place a glass panel in the profile, think carefully about the correct glass size. You will have to use a small glass deduction of at least approx. 2 - 4 mm (partly depending on the screw head that can protrude into the profile). If you apply the head in a recessed position, at least 2 mm is sufficient
- Preferably you place a mounting gasket under the glass in the profile. You can also place this gasket on the side of the glass to properly position the glass pane in the profile before you seal it permanently. If you use this mounting gasket between the glass and the profile, take into account an extra glass deduction of at least 2 mm or 3 mm (depending on the thickness of the gasket used for it)
|Suitable types of glass||laminated glass, tempered glass|
|Glass thickness in mm||6, 7, 8, 10, 6.38, 6.76, 8.38, 8.76, 9.52, 10.76|
|Profile size||20 x 20 x 20 mm|
|Finishing||Stainless Steel look|
|Scope of supply||custom size|
|Unit of measurement||per meter|
|Packed in a||schrink wrap|
|Expected delivery time||1-3 working days|
|Shipping price Netherlands||11,50|
|Shipping price Belgium||14,00|
|Shipping price rest of Europe||This product can only be sent to NL and BE|
Can my order of standard product(s) be delivered?
Yes, of course! We deliver standard products throughout the European Union (with the exception of products longer than 150 cm). In the Netherlands (with the exception of the Waddeneilanden) and the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium we can deliver length products up to a length of 6 meters. You should think of sealing profiles, U-profiles and mirror profiles. We have a limited stock ourselves, but we can still deliver many products relatively quickly because our reliable suppliers do have an extensive range in stock. In most cases they can ship this directly to your address.
If products are shipped from our own stock, we use Post NL. If Post NL does their job well, you should receive the package within 2 to 3 working days. We have no control over this ourselves and are really dependent on the performance of Post NL's employees. We can only ensure that the products are collected and brought to Post NL as soon as possible. We always send our packages with a track-and-trace option and share this track-and-trace code with our customer. This will keep you informed by post.nl about the progress of your package. We never send anything by postage stamp. Although this is a lot cheaper, you never know where your package is. We have had bad experiences in the past with postage stamps where envelopes were regularly not delivered. We therefore do not use this method of shipping.
If products are shipped directly from a supplier, they will ship it to you via another shipping company. Most companies will also share a track and trace with you from their carrier. When products are not in stock with us and/or our suppliers, they are ordered from the factory. It will be sent to you as soon as they are available. This results in a slightly longer delivery time. We try to state the current delivery time in the products as accurately as possible.
Where can the order for my standard product(s) be delivered?
We can have most standard products delivered throughout the European Union by Post NL. They work abroad with reliable carriers, so we can also send packages to in example Germany, France and Austria. However, we are limited in shipping products longer than 150 cm. As a result, we cannot send stabilizing bars, sealing profiles, U-profiles and mirror profiles abroad from our stock that are longer than 150 cm. With the exception of the whole of the Netherlands and the northern part of Belgium; here we can supply lengths up to 6 meters long.
Products that are sent directly from Bohle can be delivered in the Benelux, even if this concerns profiles that are longer than 150 cm. The rates of length transport from Bohle are quite expensive. The delivery costs that we pass on are the actual costs that Bohle also charges us.
In the products you can find under the tab "more information", where the product can be delivered and what the costs are.
Can I also pick up the order for standard product(s)?
That too is possible! On the payment page, choose the option that you would like to pick up the order. There are two pick-up options: The pick-up center in Oosterhout (near Breda) or at GlasBoertje.nl in 's-Hertogenbosch. These options are also stated on the payment page. As soon as we have an idea of the date that your order is ready for collection, we will inform you about this. We will also send you the address, opening times and additional information by e-mail.
Can I pick up all products at the collection locations?
Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. Some products are not in stock at all pick-up locations and must be special ordered or delivered to the location. It may then take a little longer before your order is ready.
There are also products that cannot be picked up in Oosterhout. These are products that are not in the range of the company in Oosterhout. In that case, one or more pick-up locations on the payment page may not be available, so that you can only choose to deliver the goods or to collect them in 's-Hertogenbosch.
It is possible that you want to pick up several products at a location, of which one of the products may not be in stock at that location. In that case you can still choose that location, but we will have to order the item that is not available there and have it delivered there. In that case, we must pass on the shipping costs that our supplier has also charged us. Costs can then be charged on the payment page when you pick up an order. These costs are then mentioned at the pick-up locations.
Be aware! The pick-up locations are somewhat limited in opening hours. These are business locations that have normal office hours and some locations are closed on Friday afternoons at 4:00 PM. Keep this in mind if you choose to pick up. Picking up at GlasBoertje is of course also possible, then we are more flexible regarding times. The opening times may differ around and during the holidays! The opening times are stated on the payment page, under the pick-up options.
When you choose the pick-up option, it goes without saying that the risk of breakage and/or damage is also transferred upon collection. When picking up your order, check carefully whether it is complete and undamaged before you take it with you.